6 May 2020
NW Comfy Cabins prides itself in offering quality rentals that are both cleaned and disinfected thoroughly between each and every guest. While cleanliness has always been the utmost priority, the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic has brought the critical need to our guests that they are entering a property that is both safe and germ-free. To give you peace of mind, we wanted to communicate with you, our guests, what exactly we are doing to protect you and your family so that your visit is nothing other than relaxing.
Based on the current CDC guidelines we have enacted a 24 hour waiting period between all new reservations to allow time for ample cleaning and disinfecting prior to your arrival when applicable. We have included the following list of 13 ways our housekeeping practices have been adjusted or refined due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
1) Our housekeepers and maintenance personnel are advised to wear disposable PPE such as masks and disposable gloves while on site and washing their hands frequently before, during and after the clean.
2) We ventilate the home by opening doors and windows to allow fresh air to circulate through the house. Nothing is better than good clean mountain air.
3) Our housekeepers wash their hands frequently and thoroughly before, during and after each cleaning. This is done with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol is given to all staff members to use otherwise.
4) We clean, then we disinfect. Commercial cleaners and soap/water is used to clean all surfaces of dirt, grease, grime and germs. Once the area is clean then we spray with a commercial grade disinfectant. It is allowed to stand for a few minutes that is wiped off. This allows for the fullness of the chemicals to kill the viruses. We only use disinfectant that is a registered EPA disinfectant.
5) In order to protect our staff and limit the spread of germs. All staff members are to avoid touching their faces while cleaning for any reason. Wearing appropriate PPE helps them to be more aware of their touch.
6) We only use household disinfectants that are registered by the Environmental Protection Agency to kill coronavirus and other viruses/bacteria. We pay special attention to high touch areas such as light switches, doorknobs, remote controls and faucet handles. All housekeepers have been given a full list of surfaces to disinfect at each clean.
7) Linens and bath towels are washed at the highest possible temperature setting. Gloves are worn to collect all used linens and changed prior to making beds with clean gloves. No dirty laundry is allowed to be shaken out.
8) Clean and disinfect all laundry baskets and hampers used to transport used linen.
9) The vacuums are emptied after every clean and the vacuum itself is disinfected after use. All other appliances used during the clean are disinfected at the end of the clean (dishwasher/washing machine/dryer)
10) We line all wastebaskets and trash bags and disinfect the exteriors
11) All cleaning rags are washed with very hot water to sanitize them for the next clean.
12) Once a clean is complete, housekeeping is instructed to remove PPE in a manner that limits any risk of cross contamination and dispose of immediately. Hands are to be washed for at least 20 seconds afterward.
We hope that our proactive housekeeping actions allow our future guests to refocus on enjoying themselves in their vacation homes. If you have any other questions, concerns or would like clarification on any of our cleaning practices please feel free to contact us. We look forward to having you!